Our Safety Protocols
Please click here for our COVID-19 Prescreening Questionnaire
HOW WE KEEP YOU SAFE IN OUR PRACTICE
We are happy to welcome our existing and new patients into our beloved practice again. We pledge to make you, our team and our community safe during your dental care in our practice and are proud to inform you of the additional precautions we are taking.
We have always adhered to the strictest of infection control practices and guidelines by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the California Dental Association (CDA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA) to prevent cross contamination, and continuously monitor updates on any new rulings or guidance they may issue. In addition, to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus we have taken additional precautions to implement updated CDC/ ADA guidelines and protocols.
What To Expect At Your Dental Visit
- - We will prescreen you for COVID-19 symptoms prior to your appointment by sending a digital questionnaire by text or email. We may not be able to see you for your visit if your questionnaire is not returned at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- - We are offering teledentistry or ”virtual consults” for patients who cannot or should not come into the office. If you would like to discuss your dental care or have a dental problem, you have an opportunity to have a live video visit with Dr. Barakat. Learn more about our available service here: https://www.32dentalarts.com/virtual-consult.html
- - Only patients with appointments and their guardians will be allowed in our office. Our office building has a large outdoor garden in the courtyard on the first floor that you are welcome to sit in if you arrive early for your appointment.
- - You are required to wear a mask to enter our building and office. We also ask that you bring your own pen to your appointment if you are able to.
- - Please call us from your car when you have arrived for your appointment. We kindly ask that you do not come directly to our office without calling us first. Feel free to wait in your car or our courtyard until we call you to come upstairs. A team member will greet you, ask screening questions, and take your temperature when you are in our office suite in case your answers have changed since our call. We will have a station at our entrance with hand sanitizers that we will ask you to use when you enter our office.
- - Our waiting room does not offer magazines, children’s toys or books since these items are difficult to disinfect.
- - We still offer individual bottled water for your convenience.
- - Dress warm if possible. Our office is now maintained at cooler temperatures to enable our HVAC safety, air purifiers and for adequate ventilation.
- - We treat one patient at a time. Appointments are managed to allow for social distancing between patients and longer times to disinfect treatment rooms.
- - We take pride in preparing our office for your arrival, so we ask that you review our reservation policy if you have to change your appointment.
What Makes Our Office Safe
Our unique office and building design lends itself to increased safety during the COVID pandemic.
- - Our common building area has a tranquil outdoor garden space that you may enjoy should you arrive early for your appointment or if you are accompanying a patient.
- - Each of our individual and private treatment rooms has a door and walls to separate it from other areas to reduce aerosol distribution. That means once we have finished your treatment, we do not use that room again for a minimum of one hour to allow for adequate disinfecting.
- - Our office design is well suited to allow for patient flow that reduces patient traffic within the office. We help maintain that by staggering appointment times as well.
- - We have installed additional high-speed evacuation systems and other treatment protocols to minimize aerosols. Before certain procedures we will ask you to rinse with a specific mouthwash that deactivates the coronaviruses.
- - Portable air purifiers with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters are placed in our treatment rooms and waiting room areas.
- - We use a hospital grade and EPA registered disinfectant that is effective against coronaviruses as well as other viruses, bacteria and fungi.
We have conducted updated training for all our staff and implemented additional measures to our Infection and Illness Prevention Plan. As your dental providers, we too want to stay safe. Each team member is screened for COVID 19 symptoms and have their temperature taken at the start of each day.
We closely monitor the activities of the CDC, OSHA, CDA and ADA so that we are up to date with any new rulings or guidance they may issue. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendation.
In the meantime, we welcome you to our practice! We are fully dedicated to making your visits safe but fun and hope that our protocols put you at ease when you visit our practice. We are eager to help you maintain your dental health and are excited to see you soon.